Living and working at Schneider Electric in Marktheidenfeld
In our global headquarters for machine solutions in Marktheidenfeld near Würzburg everything revolves around high-performance automation solutions for mechanical engineering. In the course of digitalization, future-oriented topics such as the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) and Industry 4.0 are creating a sense of optimism. Here, in "Automation Valley Nordbayern", our teams are developing advanced machine solutions in an agile and modern working environment and help shape the future of mechanical engineering - both in software development as well as project management. Service technicians and sales representatives are completing our highly motivated teams in the Marktheidenfeld competence center.
Already today, machines provide operators with a virtual insight and inform him about relevant events. Predictive maintenance and remote tracking, monitoring and repair of machines are no longer a dream but actual reality. Practical applications such as augmented reality make the everyday life of machine operators considerably easier. This is just one example of the latest technology for IIoT and Industry 4.0 developed by our teams and experts in Marktheidenfeld. Together we ensure that our customers from the mechanical engineering and manufacturing industries benefit from our tailor-made solutions.
- Our location in Marktheidenfeld at a glance
- 24.000 m² area
- Energy-efficient construction: Energy consumption is 15 percent below the German energy efficiency standard
- Use of clean solar energy
- Comfortable working environment with fully automatic sun blinds and bright, glare-free LED lighting
- Industrie 4.0
- Worldwide competence center for Machine Solutions
- Robotic Lab: Ideal test conditions for „Man-Machine Interactions“
- Development of innovative hardware and software products for automation solutions
- Research and development for virtual and augmented reality applications and other cloud-based fields of application
- Agile innovation management with Scrum
Working at the Marktheidenfeld site
- Modern, comfortable working environment
- Flexible working time models to reconcile both work and family life
- Work in home office possible
- Regular training supports the career path
- Attractive salary including extensive social benefits
- Appreciation and equal opportunities for employees
- Wellness at Work
- Fitness after work: reduced rates for employees at the local gym
- Back fitness on the job: Therapeutic back massages on site
- Time out in the adventure pool Wonnemar - immediate discount for employees and relatives during simultaneous visit
- Freshly cooked, discounted meals in the canteen
- Lounges with coffee, tea and water
- Coffee culture: coffee bar with barista
Look for your dream job!
Working together, living together
- Mountain Bike Group
- ZENITH Football Team
- Boule Square
- CoolSite Photo Group
- SEA Sounds - the Schneider Electric Band
Life in Marktheidenfeld: Central but still in the middle of nature
A cosy evening on the Main: you enjoy the silence and walk slowly along the river, the view sweeps across the Main into the countryside - a moment of relaxation that conveys a feeling of home. The approximately 11,500 inhabitants live right next of the river, surrounded by villages and nature in the Lower Franconian district of Main-Spessart. Despite its idyllic location, Marktheidenfeld has its own motorway connection to the A3, which connects the region with Würzburg in a short time and with the metropolis of Frankfurt in about 1 hour.
The region Marktheidenfeld carries the quality mark as an excellent place to live, which is audited and offered by the IHK Würzburg-Schweinfurt. On the basis of criteria specially developed for this procedure, the range of services offered and the service behaviour of local authorities for specialists and managers are examined in particular. Six fields were evaluated, which make Marktheidenfeld particularly attractive, and highlight the welcoming culture.
Thanks to its direct location on the motorway, all destinations can be easily reached by car. The nearest train station is in neighbouring Aschaffenburg or Würzburg. The journey to Frankfurt airport takes about an hour.
Distance to important cities and traffic junctions
- Würzburg 30 km
- Frankfurt Airport 86 km (ca. 1 hour)
- Aschaffenburg Railway Station 41 km (ca. 1 hour)
- Würzburg Railway Station 37 km (ca. 0,40 hours)
- Nürnberg 141 km (ca. 1 ¾ hours)
- Stuttgart 58 km (ca. 2 hours)
Living in Marktheidenfeld
Marktheidenfeld is growing and has been upgraded by extensive renovation offensives. You can live in cosy old building properties, but also in rural areas. On the outskirts of the city centre, new development areas have been established in which families can acquire inexpensive building sites. Here everyone will find the right property for their individual requirements. By the way: Our location is easy to reach by public transport.
Nature and Leisure
Marktheidenfeld is located on the Mainviereck on the eastern side of the Spessart and at the interface of the Spessart Red Sandstone area. Around the city several nature reserves and the breathtaking Spessart valleys invite you to walk, hike and mountain bike. A paradise for families, children and sports enthusiasts.
Schools, kindergartens and education
In Marktheidenfeld, five daycare centres take care of the youngest children - the chance of finding a place is particularly good. The forest kindergarten and an inclusive kindergarten deserve special mention. The so-called Kinderhotel is privately run and looks after children up to the age of ten seven days a week. Kids and teens meet in the youth centre for kicker, billiards, darts or basketball. The DJ Workshop is also very popular. All the important schools are located directly in Marktheidenfeld or in the immediate vicinity - including secondary schools, secondary schools, grammar schools, vocational high schools and special schools. The university cities of Frankfurt and Würzburg are also easily accessible.